What do I need to know about my stay?
What should I bring?
The house is self catering accommodation so you can bring your own food and drinks to prepare your own meals. If you don't wish to self cater then take a look at our I'm hungry section for more options.
So apart from the usual "I'm going on holiday things" like clothes, toothbrushes etc, we suggest you consider bringing:
- Sun protective gear, eg sunscreen, hats, sun shelter etc. UV protective clothing and sunscreen is generally not required in Tasmania between April-October. However, it is recommended you check the daily UV Index levels on www.bom.gov.au
- Bucket and spade to play on the beach
- Bike and helmet to ride at the BMX bike track (recommended for 5 years and older)
- Beach towels (some are available for use at the house)
- Your phone charger
- Fishing rod to go fishing
Is there a telephone?
No. However all three mobile phone providers have full 2G/3G/4G coverage (including data) so your mobile should work just fine.
Is there Internet access?
Yes there is free WiFi Internet access available at The Beach Escape.
How do I get the keys to The Beach Escape?
The Beach Escape uses a electronic PIN code door lock that does not need a key. Approximately three days before your arrival we will send you an email with your unique PIN code. This code will be active for the duration of your stay. Once inside you will find a set of keys to open the remaining doors and windows. When you leave the PIN code will automatically be disabled and no longer work.